This weekend I went to Kalona which I've never been before. It was great-- scenery was beautiful and seeing the Amish community was eye-opening. I remember a horse and buggy going by and here I am trying to take a picture of it with my damn cell phone. Damn you Maria.
But, the highlight of the trip was talking with this lady who had to be almost 90. She was showing us how this spinning thing worked and it was insane to think that several years ago people had to know how to MAKE their own clothes in order to wear them and it started out by spinning some wool into yarn or something... idk I lost track there because I needed some caffiene and could smell the apple cider. BUT, it was very educational plus she was damn funny.
Also, my sweet sister did my hair. She also did my mother's hair at the same time. What an adventure.
This was cheese being made at the Cheese Factory!!! CHEESE CURDS AHHH!!! But, I thought this was pretty neat.
I told Drew I wanted this to be the vehicle for our wedding. He rolled his eyes. But, how sweet would that be!?
This is me wanting a nice photo perhaps to frame. This is Drew eating an apple fritter/rib on a stick.
This is me rocking out with a Rockstar and waiting for my hair to process.
BOOOOOM. I love red. It loves me. Fall times <3
Looks a bit different in this light.. but LOOKIE my hair is so long and she even cut a couple of inches off.
Ahh.. this is the bracelet that Drew surprised me with. It's totally me.. I was looking at it and ooh and awing and then later on that night Drew whips it out without me even knowing he went back to get it for me. What a peach <3





Maria, I love your posts. Your pics are always the best. I love the cheese kurds and the bracelet! Good job drewdrew!
ReplyDeletebrilliant idea to be a tourist in your own area! and the hair color is FABULOUS!!!!
ReplyDelete