Wednesday, September 28, 2011

routine.

Monday-Friday at 7:41AM I turn my key ignition, back out of my driveway and onto the street for a new day. I listen to the same radio station, I turn the same corner and I even go to the same coffee shop at 7:52AM. I pass the same garage which an old man and younger lady are sitting with their two dogs every single week day at 7:58AM.

Clockwork.

Today, instead of going thru the same patterns almost unconsciously-- my mind stopped-- while everything else remain at a constant. My foot on the pedal (probably not a good thing), my eyes on the road and my hands on the wheel. I passed the same couple in their garage. Having the exact same expression on their face like here we go for another day. We always make eye contact as I drive by at 30 MPH. (Five over because I'm a daredevil). I feel like we are old friends. I feel like I should stop and ask them why they are out here every single day at the same time just staring into the world.

I feel like I should ask myself the same question-- why I depend so much on my damn car clock & why I have fallen into this routine?

Routine.

1 comment:

  1. take a different route. as husband says, it'll make your brain grow.

    :-)
    /j

    ReplyDelete